Hi! I'm Emily Quinton.
I'm the founder of Makelight.
I teach people just like you all over the world to create beautiful businesses.
Creating and developing a distinctive, memorable and attractive brand is harder than it looks.
On this brand new Makelight course, you'll learn practical and achievable ways to research, develop, define and communicate what it is that makes your business special.
Or join us with our monthly membership and get access to Bloom, plus a lot more!
What you'll receive by joining the course
- One month of lessons: videos with text, images and embeds all delivered by our own custom-built learning site. See below for the topics covered
- Six weeks of support and advice from the Makelight team and the community
- A printable workbook to help you work through various aspects of defining, researching and exploring your brand identity
- A personalised colour report looking at trends within the images you share on Instagram
- A profile page that will enable others in the community to find and follow you
- Access to our private Makelight Facebook community
- A dedicated Facebook group just for the people taking the course
- Weekly one-hour live Facebook Live Q&A sessions
- Access to the Makelight Hashtag Library to help you research and understand where your brand sits within what people are sharing
- Hashtag recommendations based on what you share on Instagram
- Recommended people to follow in the community
- A 2016 Makelight Insights report when you sign up, plus a monthly report for March and April
- Our weekly newsletter with inspiration and ideas
- Permanent access to the course content afterwards for you to recap or catch up whenever you like
Phew! Sounds like a lot, but don't worry, the course is calm, inspiring and keeps you motivated throughout.
The course structure
We'll send you a series of lessons and we'll be covering these four modules:
Trend and Location
- An introduction to trend analysis and research
- Branding safari – gathering inspiration from your network and those around you
- Competitor analysis
- Placing your brand
- Establishing your points of differentiation
Essence and Aspiration
- Defining your principles
- Thinking about your ideal customer
- Inspiring your community
- Creating a brand guidelines document
- Listening to your customers
Themes and Presentation
- The importance of good typography
- Your stop words and your go words
- Weaving your identity through your imagery
- Establishing ongoing vs short term themes
- Briefing collaborators and suppliers
Definition and Plan
- A brand doesn't just happen
- Establishing your brand vision
- Steps for getting from here to there
- Your ongoing brand development plan
Tools to help you define your brand
Makelight is part of Google's Cloud Platform for Startups programme and with their recent $100,000 backing we're able to apply some amazing, modern technology to help you with your branding.
We'll scan through your Instagram and Pinterest looking for insights to help you define and develop your brand. Which themes and colours are popular with your audience? Which areas could you work on to position yourself and differentiate your brand from others?
When you sign up you'll get access to our Makelight Insights and Hashtag Library tools, plus lots more if you subscribe as a full Makelight Member after the the course.
Get the extended Bloom experience with a personalised branding review
We've introduced you to Emily, but also by joining this course you'll meet Stef, Emily's husband and partner at Makelight.
Stef ran an award-winning design agency for ten years before joining Emily to build Makelight.
With big brand clients including Vivienne Westwood, The V&A, Red Bull, Land Rover as well as small, creative businesses, Stef has a wealth of experience to share with you.
Once you've signed up you'll have the option to add on a personalised branding review for £150.
Join our supportive community of
Twenty thousand people who've taken a Makelight course
Learning with others is a joy. The Makelight community is welcoming and supportive. No matter the stage you're at with your business you'll feel right at home
Following the course you will be able to join the main private Makelight Worldwide Facebook group where you can connect with Emily and other students whenever you want to.
If you're keen to keep your learning going, we offer a monthly membership.
Learn through video
at your own pace
Wherever you are in the world, you can fit this in to your busy life. You'll receive a link to a pre-recorded video lesson each time one is published, which is usually at around 11AM BST on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The Facebook group that runs alongside the lessons is open for two weeks after all the lessons are published.
That means you can take the course at your own pace, catch up at weekends if you need to, and have conversations at a time that fits in with your life.
We also have live Q&A sessions and we time them to fit when is best for the group, depending on time zones. All the Q&As are available to watch afterwards too.
Love for the Makelight experience from past attendees
Sign up today
Or pay monthly as a Makelight member